Pest Control, fumigation and extermination services for Bedbugs in Nairobi, Kiambu, Machakos, Thika, Nakuru, Kajiado, Narok, Eldoret, Mombasa and the all accross Kenya. Top standard pest control services areavailable for homes, offices, schools and learning institutions, commercial installments like factories and warehouses, agricultural farmlands, and gardens. You can also get garden treatment solutions.
BEDBUG COTROL SERVICESAND PEST CONTROL SERVICES IN NAIROBI KENYA
We offer thebest BEDBUG control services in Nairobi, among other pest control services
A traveller’s biggest fear is waking up in a hotel bed (or even your own bed!) with tell-tale BEDBUG bites and droplets of blood on the sheets. As more and more Kenyans travel abroad and international travellers visit this country, so the chances of a BEDBUG infestation in Kenyan hotels and homes increase.
Over 40% of respondents of Bestcare Pest Control Nairobi Kenya’s Travel Survey did not realise that BEDBUGS could travel with them once they have left an infested establishment. That shows the importance of having the experts in pest control as your BEDBUG fighting partner.
Bestcare Pest Control Nairobi Kenya’s BEDBUG Control Solutions
Whether they’re in your home or hotel, BEDBUGS are an unwanted (and terrifying) guest. All ‘beds’ are at risk, but especially beds in hotels with a large number of international travellers, or your bed at home if you’re a frequent traveller yourself.
Early detection and innovative solutions ensure that BEDBUGS do not spread to other parts of your building.
Here at Bestcare Pest Control Nairobi Kenya, our BEDBUG experts have extensive local knowledge and are backed by 85 years of global experience, so you can be sure that your hotel’s reputation or your family’s health are in safe hands.
WHAT ARE BEDBUGS?
BEDBUGS (Cimexlectularius) shouldn’t be confused with dust mites. BEDBUGS are nocturnal parasitic bugs that feed on blood from warm blooded mammals.
Dust mites are microscopic spiders that feed on shed dead skin cells. Dust mites are not visible to the eye.
- BEDBUGS are around 5 to 6mm long before a blood meal extending to about 7mm when fully engorged.
- Oval and flattened from back to underside with thick, well-developed legs. BEDBUGS do not have wings.
- Their mouths are pointed for piercing and sucking.
- Adult BEDBUGS are rusty red-brown in colour.
- Eggs are whitish cream, getting darker as they hatch to larvae.
- Their shed skins are lighter brown and look like flaky exoskeletons.
- BEDBUGS lay 200 – 500 eggs over a 2 month period in batches of 10 to 50.
- The adult female must have a blood meal before egg-laying.
- The eggs are usually laid in cracks and crevices and can be attached to items of furniture or fittings in clusters by a transparent substance.
- There are 7 stages to the lifecycle from egg to fully grown adult which can be from 45 days but may be up to a year.
- The typical life span of a BEDBUG is about 50 days to over a year depending on favourable conditions.
- They can survive for weeks to months without feeding.
- Bedbugs feed on human blood and are attracted to body heat and CO2 from sleeping humans.
- They inject an anaesthetic when they pierce the skin, so the bite can go unnoticed at first.
- They are found in cracks and crevices, headboards, behind peeling wallpaper, broken plaster, light switches, under carpets and skirting boards etc. so they are near to people for feeding.
- BEDBUGS usually visit their host for a blood feed just before dawn. When alarmed they move quickly and emit an odour.
How to Prevent BEDBUGS
BEDBUGS or their eggs get into clothing, furniture or suitcases and are then transported wherever these items go. As they are so small and like to hide in cracks and crevices during the day, it can be very easy for BEDBUGS to move into your home or hotel.
BEDBUG Prevention Tips
There are some preventative steps you can take for BEDBUG control – especially if you are a frequent traveller – to prevent this pest from invading your home or business.
BEDBUG Prevention In Your Home
If you are worried you have brought BEDBUGS back home after your travels, there are a few things you can do to prevent them from spreading to your home:
- Leave your luggage in your garage or in the bathroom. BEDBUGS don’t like the tiles or concrete and if they are present you will see them easier than on carpet!
- If you’re very worried, take your clothes off in the garage or bathroom and put them straight into the washing machine.
- Wash and dry clothes at the highest possible temperatures.
- Treatment by a professional pest control expert is always the best solution to get rid of BEDBUGS. However – as a precaution and if possible – you can put your suitcase in the sun, away from the house for a couple of days to help eradicate any BEDBUGS.
- Vacuuming can greatly reduce the size of the BEDBUG population, but only when they’re clearly visible. It cannot guarantee total elimination. (Empty and clean the vacuum to avoid transferring eggs to other rooms.)
Bedbug Prevention In Your Hotel or Residence
With the number of guests moving in and out of your hotel or dorm rooms, it is impossible to completely prevent BEDBUGS. However, there are ways you can prevent an infestation taking hold and moving from room to room and that is via early detection:
- Train your staff on how to identify common signs of BEDBUGS.
- Ensure thorough checking for BEDBUGS is written into your room cleaning processes.
- Have a procedure in place for handling BEDBUG complaints.
- Inspect adjacent rooms to identify if the BEDBUGS have spread (although Bestcare Pest Control Nairobi Kenya will do this as part of our emergency response survey).
- Immediately contact Bestcare Pest Control Nairobi Kenya to arrange a thorough inspection and BEDBUG control program.
Contact Bestcare Pest Control Nairobi Kenya for expert BEDBUG control and prevention for your home or business.
We have been providing fumigation services throughout Kenya for over 60 years. We provide on-going training to our pest control technicians, enabling them to provide the most efficient fumigation and pest control service whenever you need it.
Fumigation is recognised as an effective means of targeted control of Stored Product Insects (SPIs) such as beetles, weevils, mites and moths.
It can safeguard businesses such as shipping and cargo, manufacturing, warehousing, milling and agriculture.
Cargo fumigation treatments can control infestations of bulk consignments prior to shipment. This ensures that shipments are transported safely and without risk of contamination.
Bestcare Pest Control Nairobi Kenya’s Fumigation Services
Over the years, fumigation has changed rapidly in Kenya and Bestcare Pest Control Nairobi Kenya is up to date with all procedures and treatments.
With access to a wide range of fumigation services, we can ensure the most suitable form of treatment for your pest control needs.
- Commodity Fumigation
- Container Fumigation
- Silo Fumigation
Our Service Benefits
- Over 85 years’ global experience.
- Qualified pest control technicians based across the country and ready to provide specialist fumigation services under the guidance of our Fumigation Manager and Quality Assurance Manager.
- Bestcare Pest Control Nairobi Kenya is committed to continual development that enables us to offer specialist solutions.
- Our dedicated in-house research and development department ensures that we share best practice throughout the globe.
MORE ABOUT BEDBUGS
Is there any potential harm in having BEDBUGS?
The harm BEDBUGS can cause is that guests can be bitten. BEDBUGS move around easily and if not treated fast and in a professional way, can quickly reach epidemic levels. Specialist solutions only available to professional pest control companies offer the most reliable way to get rid of bed
OUR PEST CONTROL AND FUMIGATION SERVICES IN NAIROBI KENYA
- Skunk Pest Control
- Racoon Pest Control
- Cocroach Control
- Snails & Slugs Pest Control
- Spider Pest Control
- Termites Pest Control
- Rats Pest Control
- Mice Pest Control
- Gopher Pest Control
- Ants Pest Control
- Pest Control For Fleas
- Rodents Pest Control
- Pest Control Services in Nairobi Kenya
- PestPro on Facebook