Pest Control, fumigation and extermination services for Wasps in Nairobi, Kiambu, Machakos, Thika, Nakuru, Kajiado, Narok, Eldoret, Mombasa and the all accross Kenya. Top standard pest control services areavailable for homes, offices, schools and learning institutions, commercial installments like factories and warehouses, agricultural farmlands, and gardens. You can also get garden treatment solutions.
The dangers: why we control wasps
One of Kenya’s most feared and potentially aggressive pests, wasps are known for their nasty stings and seemingly unprovoked attacks.
In reality, wasps will usually only attack a person if they feel threatened. The problem is a social wasp in distress emits a pheromone that sends nearby colony members into a defensive, stinging frenzy.
That’s right – scare a wasp and it might call for backup. Children, elderly people, those with allergies, and household pets are particularly sensitive to wasp stings.
If you’re worried about a large amount of wasp activity around your home and family, you should find a professional pest controller in your area.
Treating wasp stings
If after a sting you have difficulties breathing, dizziness or a swollen face – you need to seek immediate medical treatment. If you’ve not had a severe allergic reaction, your sting will still be very painful.
To treat a sting yourself:
- Wash around the sting with soap and water
- Apply a cold compress, like an ice pack, for at least 10 minutes
- Elevate the affected area, if possible.
Avoid scratching and don’t try any daft home remedies. Vinegar and bicarbonate of soda is probably going to make it worse.
Wasps Pest Control Services
Are you experiencing a wasp infestation on your property? PestPro Pest Control Services Nairobi Kenya’s state-licensed pest specialists are trained in the most effective wasp control and removal methods in the industry. We will deliver safe wasp removal treatments so you do not have to worry about being stung from doing it yourself.
Identifying wasps is difficult without professional training. Accurate identification is very important as it will help determine the best treatment. Wasps can be easily mistaken for other stinging insects such as bees.
If you have spotted what you believe may be a wasp nest on your property, do not approach the nest yourself as wasps are dangerous. Contact your local pest control experts
Wasp control treatments
PestPro Pest Control Services Nairobi Kenya strongly advises against attempting to remove wasp nests by DIY methods as this can be highly dangerous. Our specialists have the appropriate equipment and wear protective gear to remove wasp nests safely.
- Identification – Correctly identifying the type of wasp that is infesting your property is key to successfully removing them.
- Recommendation – Once the wasp is identified, your specialist will make a treatment recommendation. The method of removal your specialist will suggest will depend on a variety of factors including the type of wasp, the location of the nest, state and local regulations and the severity of the infestation. Once a treatment plan is agreed upon, your specialist will provide you with a quote for services.
- Treatment – The method of treatment used will vary depending on the type of species.
- Paper wasp nest will be treated directly with an aerosol insecticide, repellent liquid residual, or residual dust. Once the colony is eliminated, your specialist will remove the nest.
- Yellowjacket nests are controlled by applying a residual dust into the opening of the nest. If there isn’t a nest to treat, yellowjacket traps will be placed where the insects commonly gather.
- Bald-faced hornet nests will be treated by applying a residual dust into the entrance of the hole of the nest. Then, your specialist will puncture the side of the nest and apply additional dust into the nest.
Wasp control cost
The cost of wasp control will vary based on many different factors, which is why an inspection prior to quoting will provide the most accurate cost. Our wasp control specialist will take into account some of the following factors:
- Size/number of nests
- Height of nest
- Accessibility of nest
Wasp deterrent tips
You can actively and regularly check your property for signs of nests to enable early treatment. You can also make changes to your behavior and how you handle food and drink outdoors to help deter wasps.
- Check for nests – Check your home and garden in early spring for nests. Early on, the nests will be walnut or golf ball in size. Early small nests have fewer wasps and are easier to treat quickly. Look for nests in lofts, garages, sheds, cavity walls or under eaves.
- Secure garbage – Ensure garbage cans have tightly fitting lids. Keep your garbage at a distance from doors and windows.
- Keep windows and doors shut – This will help to prevent wasps from entering inside your home.
Although high numbers of wasps in your home or garden almost certainly means there is a nest nearby, getting rid of a nest may not always be a possible solution. If the nest is not on your property, you will have very limited control over what you can do to remove it. Nests located in confined, hard-to-reach areas (such as cavity walls) will also be more difficult to treat. It’s best to contact us for removal services!
Need a professional solution for your wasp or hornet nest?
Over the years, PestPro Pest Control Services Nairobi Kenya has developed expertise in handling wasp species in KENYA We understand the appropriate way to treat for wasps, and our well-trained specialists seek to provide the optimal wasp control service that suits your specific situation. For peace of mind, and to be completely safe from stings, it is safer to let a professional PestPro Pest Control Services Nairobi Kenya specialist treat the nest for you.
OUR PEST CONTROL AND FUMIGATION SERVICES IN NAIROBI KENYA
- Skunk Pest Control
- Racoon Pest Control
- Cocroach Control
- Snails & SlKENYAPest Control
- Spider Pest Control
- Termites Pest Control
- Rats Pest Control
- Mice Pest Control
- Gopher Pest Control
- Ants Pest Control
- Pest Control For Fleas
- Rodents Pest Control
- Pest Control Services in Nairobi Kenya
- PestPro on Facebook